Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Home Canning Books

I really like the new edition of "Ball Blue Book Guide to Preserving", c.2011 by Jarden Home Brands.  It has so many new additions since the last printing.  Some of the relishes and chutneys sound very interesting.  I'm to try a couple and I'll let you know.  It's also my bible.  Whenever I have a question about temperature, processing times, etc. I open it right up.  Also, it has step-by-step directions for canning some of the more popular veggies and fruits.

I don't know if it's still in print, but I also like a lot "Blue Ribbon Preserves", c.2001, Linda J. Amendt and published by HPBooks.  I'll bet you can get on Amazon or Ebay.

I have a bunch others but they have lots of recipes that just weren't appealing to me.  Some of them branch off into freezing, drying and other methods of preserving that are just uninteresting.

If you have special canning books you can recommend, please leave a comment.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment