Monday, September 12, 2011

I'm done with designer appliances

OK.  We remodeled our kitchen about 14 years ago.  Within the first three years, the Asko Washer died...but the matching dryer was fine, but no...we had to buy a whole no pair.  We picked Miele.  Since then...other than the sink from the HE washer...all is good. 

Then a year or two later, the entire refridge system of the Subzero had to be replaced.  About the same time the control panel of the Thermidor electric oven had to be replaced.

Now, my oven is on the fritz, again!  Only 12 years old, have already replaced the control panel once - I'll never buy a Thermidor appliance again!  Did I also mention that the Thermidor cooktop is also being a little freaky!  UGH!  GE or a wood stove the next time.  I've wasted so much money on these "precision" appliances.  I'm done.

I'm done with the highend appliances.  Which means I'll never get my AGA stove!  Screw 'em.

1 comment:

  1. I heard similar complaint on Jenn-Air also. I recently replaced my GE appliances after 20 years with GE appliances mostly because they were worn but also the new stuff is more energy efficient.

    ReplyDelete