Sunday, April 15, 2012

Indian Spiced Pork Tenderloin

I love pork tenderloin.  Tender, juicy, it cooks fast and takes flavors very well.  Many think about pork and fruit.  I went with Indian inspired flavors. And my take on a standard, green beans almondine. 

The spice rub:
1T brown sugar
1t salt
1t garlic powder
1t cumin seed ground
3/4t smoked paprika
3/4 fenugreek seed ground
1/8t cayenne pepper
1/2t pepper ground

I had a single tenderloin that I first pat dry and put a little drizzle of olive oil on it then the spice rub.  Put it back in the fridge for an hour.  Then browned on all sides and finished in a hot oven. It came out medium and very juicy.

The take on the green beans is....sauted not boiled.  And I toasted the almonds to bring out the flava. 

Very good.



Happy Eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment